- Feb 20, 2010: All our fresh AICIPers have passed the doctoral qualify exam, and Shuangjiang got the highest score, 96.88! Congratulations!
- Jan 4, 2010: After four hours of torture, Dayu successfully passed his Ph.D. dissertation defense. Yeah!
- Dec 15, 2009: Dr. Qi presented Woye's paper, titled "A robust node selection strategy for lifetime extension in wireless sensor networks" at MSN'09, WuYi Mountain, China.
- Dec 11, 2009: Yuxin and Hongliu just had a baby boy today. His name is Lele, meaning "happiness" in Chinese. Yuxin is AICIP's first MS graduate. Congratulations!
- Dec 11, 2009 Dayu's paper, titled "An Effective Nonparametric Quickest Detection Procedure based on Q-Q Distance" is accepted for poster presentation at ICASSP'10. Congratulations!
- Nov 2, 2009: Harika successfully passed her thesis defense today. Congratulations!
- Oct 11, 2009 Ying had a baby boy on Aug. 28 but she waited until now to tell us the news. His name is Joseph Xinyang Cao.
- Sep 1, 2009 Mahmut's paper, titled "Target detection and counting using a progressive certainty map in distributed visual sensor networks" got the Best Paper Award at ICDSC'09.
- Sep 2, 2009 Yang presented his paper, titled "Redundancy removal through semantic neighbor selection in visual sensor networks", at ICDSC'09.
- June 2008 Dr. Qi is offering a lecture series on "Collaborative Processing in Sensor Networks," at ZheJiang University this summer
- May 2008 Dr. Qi and Mahmut are visiting ZheJiang University, Hangzhou, China from late May till end of July of 2008
- Yang's paper, titled "A new perspective on terahertz image reconstruction based on linear spectral unmixing," was accepted at ICIP 2008. This year there were around 1,700 submissions and the acceptance rate is 45%.