- Feb 20, 2010: All our fresh AICIPers have passed the doctoral qualify exam, and Shuangjiang got the highest score, 96.88! Congratulations!
- Jan 4, 2010: After four hours of torture, Dayu successfully passed his Ph.D. dissertation defense. Yeah!
- Dec 15, 2009: Dr. Qi presented Woye's paper, titled "A robust node selection strategy for lifetime extension in wireless sensor networks" at MSN'09, WuYi Mountain, China.
- Dec 11, 2009: Yuxin and Hongliu just had a baby boy today. His name is Lele, meaning "happiness" in Chinese. Yuxin is AICIP's first MS graduate. Congratulations!
- Dec 11, 2009 Dayu's paper, titled "An Effective Nonparametric Quickest Detection Procedure based on Q-Q Distance" is accepted for poster presentation at ICASSP'10. Congratulations!
- Nov 2, 2009: Harika successfully passed her thesis defense today. Congratulations!
- Oct 11, 2009 Ying had a baby boy on Aug. 28 but she waited until now to tell us the news. His name is Joseph Xinyang Cao.
- Sep 1, 2009 Mahmut's paper, titled "Target detection and counting using a progressive certainty map in distributed visual sensor networks" got the Best Paper Award at ICDSC'09.
- Sep 2, 2009 Yang presented his paper, titled "Redundancy removal through semantic neighbor selection in visual sensor networks", at ICDSC'09.