Revision as of 15:08, 22 February 2010 by Lhe4
- Porting device Driver to 2.6, by Jonathan Corbet.
- Linux Kernel Module Programming, this is one of those that didn't make it to the print machine, but a pretty good read nonetheless. Updated for 2.6
- Why Aren't Operating Systems Getting Faster as Fast as Hardware?, by John K. Ousterhout
- An Implementation of Log Structured File System for Unix, by Margo Seltzer, Keith Bostic, Marshall Kirk McKusick and Carl Staelin.
- The Design and Implementation of Log Structured System, by Mendel Rosenblum. (Ph.D thesis, 1992)
Ongoing Development of New System
- BtrFS filesystem, likely to be the next-gen Linux filesystem after ext4.
- SMP Synchronization, there is a online book in PDF format at the end of the page, which seems to be quite up to date, though not Linux per se.
- Unreliable Guide to Locking, by Paul Rusty Russell, 2000