SR Related Papers
- J. Kahn, R. H. Katz, K. S. J. Pister, “Next century challenges: Mobile networking for “smart dust”,” MobiCom’99. (Berkeley)
- Why Aren't Operating Systems Getting Faster as Fast as Hardware?, by John K. Ousterhout
- An Implementation of Log Structured File System for Unix, by Margo Seltzer, Keith Bostic, Marshall Kirk McKusick and Carl Staelin.
- The Design and Implementation of Log Structured System, by Mendel Rosenblum. (Ph.D thesis, 1992)
Ongoing Development of New System
- BtrFS filesystem, likely to be the next-gen Linux filesystem after ext4.
- SMP Synchronization, there is a online book in PDF format at the end of the page, which seems to be quite up to date, though not Linux per se.
- Unreliable Guide to Locking, by Paul Rusty Russell, 2000