Welcome to AICIP (Advanced Imaging and Collaborative Information Processing) Wiki site.To create a new account (all AICIP members should have one), please drop an email to hqi AT utk.edu.
- January 2017: Yang and Alireza's papers to IEEE Transactions on Power Systems have been accepted. It's quite some challenge for signal processing people to publish in this transaction. Congratulations! (pdf)(pdf)
- January 2017: Welcome Elliot Greenlee to our group!
- December 2016: Zhifei's paper to IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering has been accepted. Congratulations! This is another cross-disciplinary work we conducted recently. (pdf)
- September 2016: Congratulations to Dr. Austin Albright for successfully defending his PhD defense. It’s been a long journey for Austin but so much fulfilled. When he defended his MS in 2007, he was a student with a fellowship and a girlfriend. Now in between, he somehow managed to have a full-time job, a wife, and FOUR kids.
- July 2016: Congratulations to Ying for winning the first prize in student competition at IGRASS 2016, held in Beijing. This year, there were 174 entries for student paper competition, and 10 selected as finalists for oral presentation. Ying was ranked the first among the ten. The paper is co-authored by Rui Guo, Wei Wang, titled “Anomaly detection in hyper spectral images through unmixing and low rank decomposition”. She really did an excellent presentation, well prepared. Not like the Ying we usually see. The paper is based on a previous paper first-authored by Wei on anomaly detection.
- May 2016: Congratulations to Dr. Rui Guo. Rui has accepted the offer from Toyota ITC for a permanent position after interned there in Spring.
- February 2016: The Robot Day/Week. We were able to build five platforms using RPI. Pictures coming soon...
- February 2016: Welcome Chengcheng Li to our group!
- November 2015: Part of Shuangjiang's dissertation work was published at IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. Congratulations! (pdf)
- November 2015: Welcome Ying Qu to our group!
- October 2015: Wei passed his PhD defense. Exploiting Cross Domain Relationships for Target. Congratulations, Dr. Wang! He will start working at GE Global Research in November.
- September 2015: Shuangjiang and Wei's work on anomaly detection in hyperspectral images using low-rank tensor decomposition is recognized as "Top 10%" papers at ICIP. Congratulations! This work is the outcome from a phase 2 STTR project, in collaboration with SPI, Inc. and NASA. (pdf)
- Summer 2015: Shuangjiang successfully defended his dissertation on Compressed Sensing in Resource-Constrained Environments: From Sensing Mechanism Design to Recovery Algorithms. Shuangjiang is a role model for fast-track realization. Six years ago, with a BS degree, he came to US with two luggage. And six years later, he's got an MS and PhD degree, a wife, and a son! We admire his efficiency! He will start working at Palo Alto Networks, CA where he interned.
- June 2015: Rui and Wei's WHISPERS paper got the Best Paper Award. Congratulations! The work is the first that uses deep learning framework (i.e., autoencoder cascade) to solve the spectral unmixing problem. (pdf)
- June 2015: Ali's MICCAI paper was accepted. This is the equivalence of CVPR in medical imaging area. It discusses multi-modal dictionary learning and feature-level fusion. (pdf)
See more at AICIP Events