2008 Reading List
some random selection on potentially interesting readings.
- Linux Application Development, saw this new book 2008 edition, should be interesting
- Linux Kernel Architecture. Also, this is a new kernel book. You won't believe how thick this book is ... but I am really suspicious of the value, wait and see.
- Linux Kernel Coding Style, in kernel source, Documentation/CodingStyle, well, it doesn't hurt to read it at least once.
- Straight out of compton is an interesting read about Google's shiny Chrome.
- Scripted GUI Testing with Ruby, this should be an interesting book to read.
- Anatomy of Linux Loadable Modules, IBM Developer Work.
- Computer Boot Up Process
- Best Mac Software, categorized a few useful software on Mac.
- ExtremeTech's PC Building Video Tutorial
- Chapter 5: "Experimental Analysis of Computer System Dependability", in Fault-Tolerant Computer System Design, Dhiraj K. Pradhan.
- Linux Kernel Walk Through, A Video Tutorial.
- Flash Storage Memory, by Adam Leventhal, the same issue below.
- Kode Vicious, Beautiful Code Exists, If You Know Where to Look, by George V. Neville-Neil, 07/08, Vol 51, No 7, CACM.
- A tutorial on Principal Components Analysis, by Lindsay Smith.
- Programming Collective Intelligence, by Toby Segaran.