What to Read First
- D. Estrin, R. Govindan, J. Heidemann, S. Kumar, “Next century challenges: Scalable coordination in sensor networks,” MobiCom’99. (USC/ISI)
- J. Kahn, R. H. Katz, K. S. J. Pister, “Next century challenges: Mobile networking for “smart dust”,” MobiCom’99. (Berkeley)
Mobile-agent-based Computing Paradigm
- M. Rabbat, R. Nowak, "Distributed optimization in sensor networks," IPSN, pages 20-27, 2004
- C. Setok, M. Said, A. Oppenheim, "Randomized data selection in detection with applications to distributed signal processing," Proceedings of the IEEE, August 2003.
Visual Sensor Networks
Target Detection, Localization, Counting, and Tracking in VSN
-  "Target detection and counting using a progressive certainty map in distributed visual sensor networks"; Mahmut Karakaya, Hairong Qi; Third ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras, ICDSC 2009, pages:1-8,Aug.30-Sept2.
-  "A distributed solution to detect targets in crowds using visual sensor networks"; Cheng Qian, Hairong Qi; Second ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras, ICDSC 2008, page(s): 1-10, Sept. 2008
- "Counting People in Crowds with a Real-Time Network of Simple Image Sensors", D. Yang, H. Gonzalez-Banos, and L. Guibas. in Proc. IEEE ICCV 2003.
- "Sensor Tasking for Occupancy Reasoning in a Network of Cameras", D. B. Yang, J. Shin, A.O. Ercan, and L.J. Guibas; in BASENETS'04, October 2004.
-  "Object Tracking in the Presence of Occlusions via a Camera Network"; A. O. Ercan, A. El Gamal and L. J. Guibas; in Proceedings of IPSN 07, April 2007.
- "Multicamera People Tracking with a Probabilistic Occupancy Map", Fleuret, F.; Berclaz, J.; Lengagne, R.; Fua, P.; IEEE Transactions on PAMI; Vol.30; Issue 2; Feb. 2008; Pages: 267 - 282
-  "The Visual Hull Concept for Silhouette-Based Image Understanding"; Alto Laurentini; IEEE Transactions on PAMI, Vol. 16, Issue 2, Feb. 1994, Pages: 150 - 162
CFPs and special issues
- cfpSPM IEEE-SPM, SI on Distributed Image Processing and Communications, May 2011
- cfpTOMCCAP - ACM TOMCCAP, SI on Multimedia Sensor Fusion, Fall 2010
- cfpTIP - TIP, SI on Distributed Camera Networks: Sensing, Processing, Communication and Computing, June 1, 2010
- cfpEURASIP-IVP EURASIP-Journal on Image and Video Processing, SI on Multicamera Information Processing: Acquisition, Collaboration, Interpretation, and Production, June 1, 2010
- cfpADHOC - Ad Hoc Networks (Elsevier), SI on Multimedia Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, May 2010
- cfpCVIU - CVIU, SI on Multi-camera and Multi-modal Sensor Fusion, 1st quarter, 2010
- PIEEE, SI on Distributed Smart Cameras, vol. 96, no. 10, October 2008
- cfpJSTSP - Special Issue on Distributed Processing in Vision Networks, IEEE J. of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (J-STSP), vol. 2, no. 4, Aug 2008
- cfpECCV - ECCV Workshop on Multi-camera and Multi-modal Sensor Fusion, 2008
- cfpEurasipASP - Special Issue on Distributed Signal Processing Techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks, volume 2008
- Wireless Sensor Networks Lab (WSNL), Stanford
- Vision Sensor Networks Lab at Stanford by Hamid Aghajan