ThinkPad T61 System Notes
Lenovo T61 (Original Configuration)
- product: 6460-66U
- ordered on December 13, 2007
- Memory: 2GB DDR-667/PC2-5300 CL5 NP (Non-Parity); Memory Slots: 200-pin SoDIMM (2 Total)
- CPU: Core Duo T7300 (2GHz)
- harddirve: 160GB, 5400rpm
- display: WSXGA+ (1680x1050)
- video: with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M, 128M dedicated memory
- os: Vista business 32
- Seagate Momentus 7200.3 (320G), http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148336, $89.99
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231135, $44.99
- OS, running windows 7 32-bit.
- Battery went dead, replaced with a cheap one made by third party.
- 08/15/2012: Replaced 320GB segate disk with Talent 128G SSD, re-install windows 7
Hard Drive Replacement
- open hard drive bay, there is a clip belt for you to pull out drive.
- take out the hard drive and drive rails (2)
- to install new drive, you need to take off the steel enclosure on the old drive as well, since the pull tab is attached to it, and you really need that. Install new drive into the enclosure and put it back.
This is more involved. Here are the steps.
- take out all screws with that little triangle pointed at.
- and turn over the laptop, you can take front keyboard panel off the body now.
- there is one little socket that connect front panel to the body, carefully pull it out. Now you can see the memory bank on your left, two of them can accommodate 4GB. Push the little tab aside, the old memory will get loose.
- Yes, it can take 4GB, you can have it under $100, need to check the compatibility.
- Hard drive: HITACHI Travelstar 7K200, $169.
- To connect that HDD, you also need a SATA Ultrabay Adapter: Marketing part number / Order : 40Y8725 Replacement part number (FRU) : 26R9246
- Replacement Battery,